Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Appointment with Hepatologist

We finally have an appointment with a Hepatologist.  It will be a little more than 2 weeks away. They *may* be able to get us in sooner.  If there is a cancellation, they will call us.  The appt is with Dr Divina Bhasin in Atlanta.



Rudy seems a little better today, but he's not wanting me to use positive words to describe how he feels.  :-P   I can say he feels less horrible than yesterday.   He's still super tired.  His only active time today was a brief ride in his hotrod.  When he came in, he crashed in his chair and he's still there sleeping.

Our nightmare began on this date exactly 6 months ago.  We thought he had bronchitis or possibly even walking pneumonia.  I still assumed I was married to a man who was strong as an ox.  It seems like yesterday and then again, it seems a lifetime ago.  Our lives have completely and irreversibly changed.  I am thankful for the knowledge I have now, but I miss the magic of ordinary days.  I will never again take days like that for granted.

On a different note, I'm so glad the sun is shining today.  I'm sick to death of the rain and humidity.  Yesterday when I left the house , my hair looked decent.  Just like Cindy Crawford's hair, only completely different.  :-D  Well, at least it was smooth and relatively frizz-free.  At some point late in the afternoon, I caught sight of myself in the mirror.  I swear, this was my new hairstyle -



I had plans to grow my hair long and then donate it to Locks of Love or some organization for wigs for cancer patients.  Now, I'm picturing some poor soul wearing a wig with my hair in it and how they would feel if they were out somewhere and it frizzed completely out.  Those patients deserve smooth, silky hair.