Tuesday, June 23, 2015

We've Been Duped!

Ladies, if your husband spends hours cutting grass and he let's you feel sorry for him, you've been duped!  Cutting grass on a riding mower is FUN!


I have two riding mowers.

I love my John Deere.  It's a "regular" riding mower.  Riding on it is pretty much a time for relaxation and meditation.  I put on a wide-brimmed hat and take along a glass of something cold.  It's really nice.

I have also fallen in love with the Skag mower, which is the one Rudy always used.  It's a zero-turn mower.  It's in a whole other league!  Forget meditation.  This one is like a cross between a go-cart and a video game.  It's FUN!

All these years, when we divided chores around the house, I had things like cooking, doing dishes and cleaning toilets.  Rudy cut the grass.  He spent hours doing it.  Without complaint.  Now I know why.  Dangit.  He got me.  I'll bet he's up there laughing at me right now.