Monday, December 15, 2014

Biopsy and Port Procedure

Rudy had 2 procedures today. He had a port put in. A port is
is a small device that is implanted under the skin that can be used to draw blood and infuse chemotherapy drugs. The 2nd procedure was a biopsy to determine the exact sub-type of his lung cancer. This time, instead of going thru the back, they went down his throat. He has a bit of a sore throat and is running a slight fever - 99.9. If his fever goes to 100.4, we are supposed to call CTCA. --> PLEASE PRAY there are no complications!!!!!!!!



The surgery holding area is always rather chilly. Not only did CTCA provide warm blankets, but they also had a portable heater that blew warm air up under the covers. My first thought was that I wanted to get one of those! I looked it up and found a used one for a little under $500. I don't think I'll be getting one of those after all.



While we (Andy, Trish, Linda, Nancy and I) were waiting on Rudy to get out of surgery, we spent time in the cafeteria. Colin is working there part time during his school break. Colin is such a great kid - polite and personable. My cousin, Kelly, and her hubby Stewart should be really proud.