Thursday, July 2, 2015

Special Friends

I had lunch today with a group of teacher friends.  We were referred to as "The Specials".  Our group included the art, music, P.E., computer and enrichment teachers.  We were special in more ways than one.  We had a really fun group.  It sure was good to see them all today.

Top: Mark, Karen N., Karen S., Alison, and Susan
Bottom: Marie, me

I am incredibly lucky to have so many good people in my life.  

You can't choose your family, but I got lucky.  I have a wonderful family and great aunts, uncles, and cousins, too. 

 You choose your mate, but can't choose your in-laws.  I got lucky there, too.   I'm so close to Rudy's entire family that they don't feel like in-laws.  

You often have little say in who you work with, but over the years, I have worked with quite a few incredible people.  Many have become life-long friends.  The group you see here is truly special.  I love them all!  And by the way, you just can't believe how talented this group is.  

As if seeing them wasn't enough, they also came bearing birthday gifts -